This department is run by a team of psychiatrists, adult and child psychologists, psychotherapists, and counsellors, who organise a number of subspecialty services dealing with different disorders, including:
- Evaluation and treatment of eating disorders
- Panic and anxiety disorders
- Personality disorders
- Adjustment disorders
- Psychosocial treatment of depression or stress
- Geriatric psychiatry
- Psychosomatic conditions
- Obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Bipolar disorders and thought disorders.
Also, our Memory and Cognition Clinic is an innovative service aimed at diagnosing:
- Difficulties in short-term memory
- Ability to focus for a sustained period of time
- Changes in processing speed and changes from previous capabilities of cognitive function.
This multidisciplinary team is skilled in understanding the causes of cognitive difficulties, identifying potentially reversible causes, and co-constructing a management plan to address and develop new capabilities.